Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Love

A dear friend of mine passed away last week. It was a surprise and a shock. I have never met anyone quite like this friend, and I shall miss her always. She was someone that we could just talk about whatever was on our minds and it was okay and we celebrated together our uniqueness. We had the same kinds of crazy interests. We felt the same about so many different kinds of things. I keep thinking of her wishing I could go share the latest cool discovery and epiphany. She loved life and those close to her, and the love was reciprocated.
I have done a lot of thinking about the power of love. There are books and books, movies and music, and more all dedicated to trying to express and describe and make sense of this very enigmatic emotion. I personally believe that the English language is greatly lacking in it's ability to describe. I just know what I feel. I also know that without it, people are not able to achieve happiness.
There is a quote I love by a great and spiritual leader, Thomas Monson:

I have found that those people I look up to realize the importance of letting people aroung them know that they care. We are made to love and to share that feeling. The more we share it, the more we receive. 
After last week, I am even more motivated to let people know that I care. That they are important. That they matter. Because they do. There is so much that is negative all around us. The strongest weapon we have to combat negativity is love. Love brings joy and peace and worth.  Give yourself permission to love and to be loved! You ARE worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment